Area 12-F was formed in 1955 from a number of Lodges in the desert Southwest. It is believed that the first Area 12-F Conference was held in 1957 at Catalina Council’s Camp Lawton. There are records of several Area 12-F Lodges attending Area 12-A Conferences in Southern California before 1957.
Area 12-F included current Lodges Nebagamon, Wipala Wiki, and Papago. Merged Lodges included Chee Dodge, Salado, Victorio, Nisjaw, and Pang.
In 1973, as part of the great Region re-alignments, Area 12-F became Section W4C.