Camp Rancho Alegre was acquired in 1966 and served as a replacement for nearby Camp Drake, which was the Mission Council’s previous Summer Camp.
Located in the mountain foothills North of Santa Barbara, the camp was a popular destination for Summer camp, year-round activities, and conferences.
Most of the camp burned in the 2017 Whittier Fire, and there has been a great deal of activity and fundraising to rebuild the camp.
The camp website is https://www.campranchoalegre.com.
- Ahwahnee Scout Reservation (1950 to 1980)
- Cabrillo Beach Youth Waterfront Sports Park
- Camp Anderson (1961 – ?)
- Camp Arataba (1924 to 1960)
- Camp Balboa
- Camp Bashor
- Camp Chagres
- Camp El Volcan
- Camp Emerson (1920 to Present)
- Camp Evans
- Camp Geronimo
- Camp Helendade (1960 – 2018)
- Camp Hual-Cu-Cuish
- Camp Hunt (1958 – 1996)
- Camp Josepho
- Camp Levi-Levi (1954 – 2019)
- Camp Rancho Alegre
- Hubert Eaton Scout Reservation
- Lost Valley Scout Reservation
- R-C Scout Ranch (1944 – Present)
- Rancho Las Flores
- Robert Griffith Canoe Base
- San Diego Youth Aquatic Center (1994 to Present)
- Trask Scout Reservation (1951 – Present)
- Will J. Reid Scout Reservation (1944 to 2013)